Recent Blogs Posts

  1. Body Soldered the Fender

    This post jumps forward as I already chemically stripped the fender an worked out the dent with a stud puller. Felt good enough where I could have used body filler, but I wanted to use solder(lead) on the bigger dents.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140518_165417.jpg 
Views:	1117 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	126

    The tinning butter was much harder to use than the YouTube videos made it look. In this photo of the tinning compound applied I apparently didn't use enough. I was heating up a small area an wiping, but was inadvertently wiping ...
    Categories
    Build Progress
  2. Stripped one layer of paint.

    Started with paint stripper an that didn't go easy enough. Car was repainted with a single stage paint long time ago an was pretty brittle so I ended up scraping the one layer off with a razor blade.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130323-00590.jpg 
Views:	1110 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	43Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130323-00593.jpg 
Views:	1207 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	44Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130323-00594.jpg 
Views:	1133 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	45Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130323-00595.jpg 
Views:	1066 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	46

    Planned on sanding the car with a DA palm sander, but my compressor is to small. So I'm stuck either hand sanding or trying a better quality paint stripper. The drivers ...
    Categories
    Build Progress
  3. Starting Point 1977 Camaro

    Bought the car for $600 in 2007, with a trashed interior an bad transmission. Car was pretty stock originally from CA had very little to no rust. Could see old paint work so will probably have a surprise under the faded bleached out paint.

    Here is the engine as I got it, dirty unmodified just took it to a detail shop for a engine detail made a huge difference.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscfengine1.jpg 
Views:	1204 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	38

    These are pictures of the black interior conversion I've been working on. ...
    Categories
    Build Progress